Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Liberal Coalition Top Ten Wiped by Blogger

I caught up with all my blog reading, except for the new posts that trickle in every five or so minutes thanks to Bloglines new-speedy-updating system, and the plans for this afternoon involved watching one last day of regular season baseball and preparing our pre-Yom Kippur feast of rosemary sprig-covered lamb steaks, jacket potatoes with sauteed onions, and cauliflower patties. As the head of cauliflower is purple, and I've opted to use Japanese bread crumbs, they're actually going to be Purple Panko Patties. I wanted to do Purple Panko Patties and Potato Pancakes for the two veg, as long as I had the cooking oil going, but Rob nixed that alliteration so jacket potatoes it is.

But before all that, I wrote an entire LC Top Ten post and a few other links besides (including birthday and anniversary wishes), pressed "Publish" - then Blogger decided to wipe everything by making me sign in again just so they could tell me about their brand new features (which turned out to be an announcement about "no more remote hosting" which, interestingly enough, I am unable to find now) and my post was gone. Almost three hours on and off of writing, down the drain. And I'm unable to recover anything because when I do a link dump/blogaround I uncheck each saved post as I go along. Screw it, I'm going to watch baseball now. And I can see that henceforth every link-rich post is obviously going to need to be saved before I publish it.

0 comments: