Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Hottest Combination!

Honest. Look, see for yourself:



Would I kid? This is an actual existing restaurant on Route 22 in Joisey.



Of course they have a website. But alas, that wasn't our destination this afternoon. We were headed a little ways down the road to a local Charlie Brown's to see my brother Jay, sis-in-law Kara and parents for a belated celebration of Jay's birthday before Mom and Dad "snowbirded" out this evening from Newark to their wintertime abode in Las Vegas.



The foliage in NJ was kind of nice, but the above picture is one I took earlier in the week during my morning commute, as Rob doesn't take photos whilst we're driving (we were stuck in traffic when we passed Rio22) so we didn't get any good shots today. Next weekend we hope to drive the Merritt Parkway in CT, when things should just be peaking, so maybe that'll be the foliage trip of the year. I must say, though, the leaves this year don't seem nearly as spectacular as they were in '05...



Of course I had Robin take a shot of "the fembly." Have a good trip "back" to Vegas, Mom and Dad!

0 comments: