Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, September 18, 2006

Robin's New Assignment

I wanted to wait until the official solicitations were out. As you can see if you peruse the DC Comics offerings for the coming months, Birds of Prey #100 (out in mid-November) will be Robin's last as inker. However, he will be inking Manhunter starting with issue #26 - which goes on sale on December 6, his 45th birthday! As with BoP, I have no qualms about recommending Manhunter as a darn good read. In fact, the protagonist reminds me a lot of a character I wanted to write once upon a time (a divorced mom struggling with newfound power), even down to her physical look. (Arthur Adams takes liberties with certain anatomical parts on the cover shown, but he's Arthur Adams so it's to be expected.) And I kid you not, whilst I was reading earlier issues I kept thinking to myself how good Robin's inking would be over penciller Javier Pina, so I think this will be a terrific fit. Issue #26 guest-stars Wonder Woman, by the way. Oh, and Nancy Goldstein's wife edits, and it's neat to have Rob working with Joan again.

0 comments: