Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Cure for What Ails You

Posting in short bursts today, to match my cold-or-allergy-affected attention span. That's how I'm dealing with these stuffy-head days, I make sure the windows are down when I drive home from work so I stay alert, then I do little organizational things, one at a time, to take my mind off the fact that I can't concentrate enough to read much or catch up on doing the finances. Last night I emptied a few trash cans, organized my occasion card/blank card/postcard files, emailed my mom, and watched the Yanks win and the Mets lose. TV, I can still multitask. So when I heard that Pat Buchanan was to be Jon Stewart's guest last night, I made alternate plans. While Buchanan was pontificating (Robin confirmed that he was indeed still a "loopy bastard") I went to my computer to watch the video of Keith Olbermann's special comment, which I'd forgotten to watch live because, well, I can't think straight when my head's all stuffed up. Via Bryan, here's the link to both the transcript and video; well worth your time. The page (which also links to more of Olbermann's recent gems) doesn't mention it, nor do any of the many bloggers who've rightfully praised his words so far, but he ended the comment by echoing Murrow's "Good night, and good luck" again, which I hope becomes a habit because, as far as I'm concerned, he's Murrow's current successor.

0 comments: