Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Case of the "Missing" License Plate Frames

So I called Hyundai this morning, and they promptly disavowed all knowledge of affixing their advertising to my car without my knowledge or permission like it was some sort of billboard. I don't think they can hide from this one, though. Advertising has a way of pointing the finger back at the advertiser, you know?

This photo is from back in August of last year, but I'd had my Ralph Spoilsport license plate frame longer than that:



I'm hoping I can find the original photo without the plate number PhotoShopped out, as it will be part of the letter I send to Hyundai (cc'ing the local Better Business Bureau and Hyundai's USA headquarters) asking them to reimburse me for the money I just spent reordering custom frames. (Although it's not about the money, y'know?, it's the principle of the thing. You don't swipe my property and put on your own just because you feel like it, without even telling me - and you don't compound the problem by then denying you ever did it when the evidence is right there.)

As an aside, I do find it ironic that my local Hyundai's website opens with the sound of a police siren accompanying it. :)

0 comments: