Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, May 05, 2006

The Seeger Session

Joe M reminds us that this past Tuesday was Pete Seeger's 87th birthday. As Rob and I watched the DVD making-of portion of Springsteen's "Seeger Sessions" CD last night, it became clearer than ever to me that there's nothing like the real thing. All being well, Seeger will be at the Clearwater Festival again this year - in fact, a tribute to his musical and activist life will be the special event on the festival's main stage. I've long admired Seeger's work in restoring to health the river that I personally consider the most beautiful in the world, one that has figured so much in my life (my mom used to play at its banks as a child, and I now live mere blocks away from it), but I've never yet attended a Clearwater Festival, so if I have no alternate plans (it's Father's Day weekend, after all) this may be the year. Here's the ticket info.

0 comments: