Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Administrative (Assistant) Matters

Yeah, nobody at work even wished me a happy Secretaries Day, much less bought me lunch or even a lousy bouquet. Over 25 years as a secretary and every year (at least in this job) I feel more and more devalued. Onward with the link dump:

• Please be advised that both Natalie Bennett's Philobiblon and Tild~'s site have moved away from Blogger, and adjust yon blogrolls accordingly.

• Lis Riba celebrated her fourth blogiversary on Monday - congrats, Lis!

• Barbara has a great post up about humor and politics, one of my favorite subjcts lo these many years now, as I've mentioned previously.

• eRobin introduces us to some neighborhood foxes.

• Both Colleen Doran and Tom Tomorrow have thoughts about the latest plagiarism scandal.

• Alas, the aforementioned Colleen won't be able to make it to the Toronto Comicon this coming weekend, but Heidi (who will be there) reports on one of the cooler signings going on in conjunction with the event - Amanda Conner (a doll and a half), Becky Cloonan (whom I've met and who is extremely nifty) and Gail Simone (a long-time email correspondent of mine who's currently writing the book my husband is inking)!

• Lastly, another no-show to report, this time for the National Media Panel on Blogs. Both Pam and John have declined to sit on the panel; Pam explains why.

Ah, my boss finally has time for me (although not to wish me a happy Secretaries Day or anything), I'd best shuffle off...

0 comments: