Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Over It, And Married To It

Over the worst of the illness, that is; I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but the fever appears to be gone at last, my appetite has returned which means my system must be regulating itself, and aside from some lingering shortness of breath and of course the chest congestion/cough which I expect will be hanging 'round for at least another few days, and the continued lack of stamina which I guess is to be expected, I think I'll be okay for this weekend.

When I shall remind people once again that I'm married to it - a comic book artist, that is, attending the upcoming New York Comic Con. We won't be there tomorrow, as a coworker has the day off so I need to be at the office, but we'll be there for as much as I can take on Saturday (when they're open 11 AM to 7 PM) and Sunday (11 AM to 6 PM). We'll probably be skipping the parties, as I don't want to relapse by staying out too late, and besides we're meeting Leah and her son Stephen who are staying with us Saturday night so we'll be dining with them locally, hoping to find a parking spot near the all-you-can-eat sushi place (dicey but doable given Leah's amazing parking karma). We look forward to meeting as many folks as possible at the con - although we won't be at a table we should have name badges (if not, this is what we look like) and I'm sure anyone who wants to will be able to find us.

Oh, and the first seven pages of issue #92 of Birds of Prey, the DC Comics book that Robin's inking, are now up in the Previews section of Newsarama. Enjoy!

0 comments: