Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Liberal Coalition Top Ten
Week of 2/18 thru 2/25/06

[Reposted from cache...heaven bless Google...]

Somewhere between bidding farewell to houseguests and reading up on all the other sites talking about The NY Comic Convention Debacle (it even made the NY Times, pow bam and all that), that's where I'll always love the Liberal Coalition members' posts that I found most intriguing, informative and/or enjoyable this past week:

• Alex at Sooner Thought reports on Black Monday at the Oklahoma City GM plant.

• Echidne of the Snakes is not friendly with The Fast at all.

• Jane Hamsher at firedoglake has the goods on NARAL and NOW and Alito, as well as the Dickfest finalists.

• Jeff at Speedkill recommends WordPress' free blogging and hosting service. It seems okay, and when I get the time I may mosey over to the blog I created there and start recording all my Silly Sites into a coherent listing, but I don't like the fact that their templates are closed-source and you can't edit them the way I've done to customize the sidebar on this blog; apparently HTML is "antithetical to the purpose" of their service, rather than a helpful adjunct. So no, I'm sticking with Blogger for now.

• I have no idea why Keith's WCC feed at Invisible Library suddenly worked today, producing part of this post in my Bloglines reader (missing out the first couple lines). I didn't think Wytheville Community College's RSS thing worked any more, period, not for a couple years. Alas, either IL or Bloglines is still having problems with Keith's Atom feed (standard issue on Blogger blogs)...

• Maru at WTF Is It Now?? finds the listing of the 21 finalists for the updated Seven Wonders of the World.

• Mustang Bobby follows up on the informative emails being sent out by Pen-Elayne reader Anders regarding the situation with the University of Miami janitors.

• Steve Gilliard at The News Blog asks, where are all the black bloggers? before suggesting (and I paraphrase) that many other bloggers bite him.

• Norbizness at Happy Furry Puppy Story Time has a great collection of quotes for Presidents Day.

• Scott at ...You Are A Tree has a little trepidation about what he's seen of the upcoming version of MS Word, but I use that program a lot and think it appears very workable to me.

• Lastly, Trish "Countess" Wilson talks about BOOBIES! Yeah, like she needs to raise her hit count.

Whew, not too bad - now back to all those unread posts... or, hmm, maybe those unread comics... or that unslept sleep...

0 comments: