Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Day Later, A Dollar Richer

I just got off the phone with the auto shop guy, who said my car needed a little more time to dry from the coating that was applied today, and I could either pick it up tomorrow morning at 10 "or, if you want to wait to pick it up on Friday morning instead, we could do all kinds of little things to it in addition to your regular oil change for free, as a thanks for being so patient." New wiper blades? Free. Washer fluid? Free. Pressure and alignment, yadda yadda yadda? Go right ahead, sir! I know the body's all fixed, there was never anything to be repaired in terms of the car's functioning, it's not going to snow in the next day, my Metro North ticket is good through tomorrow... so, in exchange for one more day without a vehicle I'm getting what sounds like a free veritably-complete tune-up, which I was doubtless due for anyway and which would have taken much of a Saturday had I brought the car in on my own time. I can so deal...

0 comments: