Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Time-Waster Times Seven

Yes, I've been tagged again, and the only reason I'm answering this is that it's a slow week and I've done all my urgent job-stuff and I'm trying to take my mind off the treadmill test this afternoon. As mentioned before on this blog, these time-wasters aren't actually "memes" even though they're mislabeled as such - this is what a meme actually is. Anyway, onward:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
• Write at least one more comic book story (preferably Megillat Vashti)
• Collaborate on at least one more comic book story with my husband
• Live in a house of our own where we can control the heat, have a garden, etc.
• Travel to at least one English-speaking country where I've never been (probably Ireland or Wales but I wouldn't mind Australia or New Zealand)
• Finish reading all the stuff that's in my house, particularly my comics
• Make over $50,000 a year
• Celebrate the swinging of the political pendulum back toward common sense

Seven Things I Cannot [nor do I wish to] Do, this time with movement as the theme!
• Roller Skate
• Ice Skate
• Ski
• Snowboard
• Skateboard (are you getting the pattern here?)
• Ride a roller coaster or any other stomach-turning amusement ride
• Ride a motorcycle

Seven Things That Attract Me to [fill in the blank]... Robin
• His talent
• His intelligence
• His humor
• His hands
• His eyes
• His lips
• His... well, never you mind

Seven Things I Say Most Often - I'm afraid this positively stumped me, as I fancy myself having something of a wide vocabulary, so I'll turn it over in the comments section to folks like Robin or Leah or Julia who know me personally. What seven things do I say most often?

Seven Books That I Love/Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again/Seven Songs I Play Over and Over Again - Ohhhh no, I answered these with the Time- Waster Times Four post, I don't want to go through that again.

Seven Celebrity Crushes
• David Cassidy
• Phil Collins
• John Denver
• Justin Hayward
• Hugh Jackman
• Ewen McGregor
• David Ossman (Firesign Theatre)
That's just off the top of my head and over my lifetime. I'm lucky enough to know one of the crush'ees personally.

Seven People I Want To Join In, Too - I don't like chain-blogging as a rule. And I'm not all that interested in reading take after take on this one. So I've broken the chain. Do be thankful.

0 comments: