Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Talkin' Baseball

There's not much sporting activity on TV to interest me at present besides the occasional figure skating contest (and then it's usually just to make fun of Dick "Dick" Buttons). So I was pleased to read on my ex-husband's culture blog that there's going to be a world baseball championship in the US next year, falling pretty much right between the Torino Olympics (which I plan on watching with as much attention as my sports-widower husband can tolerate) and the start of the Major League Baseball season. The cynic in me opines that this is only happening in the first place because the US baseball team didn't even make the cut for the last summer Olympics, so this way MLB gets to be involved and with the US Pool team stacked with ringers professional players this country is bound to make the final.

0 comments: