Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Breaking Comics News

Yeah, I miss doing that. Ever since my job moved away from Manhattan (and I chose to concentrate my online participation on the blogosphere rather than message boards) I've been so out of the loop with my friends in the comics community, both socially and professionally, that the only industry news I get now is via Robin. And the only news I'm usually allowed to post is about Robin, and only then after getting permission from editors and such. Well, I'm happy to report that I have received said permission from Robin's current editor, Nancy's wife (you do know who Nancy from NYC is, yes? she sometimes posts here too), so therefore, drumroll etc. etc., I'm pleased to announce that Robin is now the regular inker on DC's Birds of Prey, a terrific book written by the wonderful Gail Simone (this brilliant piece she did a few years back is required reading) and featuring, as you might expect, some of the most interestingly-done female characters in the DC universe. We haven't yet figured out what it is with Robin inking strong female characters (he also did a 4+ year stint on Supergirl), but I'm quite pleased, and we couldn't ask for better birthday and anniversary presents (my birthday's tomorrow, our 7th anniversary is Sunday, and Robin's birthday is next Tuesday)!

0 comments: