Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Leftover Pics

I know, you're not supposed to have leftovers before Thanksgiving, but I wanted to delete everything from my camera and stretch out my content to match my sidebar again, so here's some miscellaneous stuff:


The only thing worse than putting up Christmas decorations right after Halloween is not taking the Halloween ones down on November 1. But I thought the wee ghostie hanging from the restaurant light was cool anyway.


Sometimes the view out of our front window is heartachingly beautiful.


Probably the last foliage picture I'll inflict on y'all this autumn. Everything is still gorgeous but turning into the muted russets and browns now, and at this point I'd just rather take it in and sigh than try to capture it digitally.


Somebody had asked to see the orange-colored file cabinet in my office, so I'm obliging. Be careful what you wish for!


In the distance is the marching band that caused the blocking off of the one tiny stretch of Riverdale Avenue on which I chose to drive, which I should have taken for a sign that it probably wasn't a good day to go food shopping.


They were still at it when I got back from the second supermarket (neither of which, as mentioned below, had turbinado sugar in stock today)...

0 comments: