Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, September 15, 2005

That Old Gang of Ours

Heidi's in a reminiscent kind of mood. Me too; I really miss those old Friends of Lulu-NY meetings in the loft of this wonderful historical landmark building in the East Village where I used to work, back when all things were possible and Kim Yale was still with us. I miss her. I miss the East Village (heck, I miss working in Manhattan, period, but particularly working in the East Village). And I miss my old job (pure secretarial/admin, property management only in the form of minimal kitchen upkeep, and no personal servant stuff at all), alas long since outsourced when the company's lease was up and they moved support staff-less to midtown and the landlord sold the building to Cooper Union. I guess I just miss the overall sanity of my working life back then, not to mention my social life back when I was employed in a job and location that allowed me a social life... Sorry to vent, but I'm still sending out resumes daily with no responses at all in the past month, and it's just a tad frustrating...

0 comments: