Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Four More Years

Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I've been Away From Keyboard for much of my last vacation day. Robin created this original a few years ago for a comic called One Nation, which was never published, but the NYC Comic Book Museum took the piece for its Heroes Among Us exhibit.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The work is called Hope Takes Wing, and I know it's getting harder and harder to hope for anything positive with the folks we have currently running the country, but we need hope and love and laughter and joy in order to continue onward and be able to carry out the actions which will lead to better days. I will never stop hoping for our eventual reconciliation with our fellow Americans and with the citizens of the rest of the world.

0 comments: