Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Liberal Coalition Mini-Blogaround

Well, the rest of my blogroll has been skimmed, the Mets are losing, and Robin's watching some Eagles farewell concert (this is their "farewell tour #1," he tells me), so I may as well convey my official welcome as a member of the Liberal Coalition to our newest members, as well as a farewell to one and welcome-back to another:

  • First off, I wish Natalie Davis peace and comfort in whatever the future brings her.

  • Welcome back, Clonecone, who as usual thinks of the children, especially someone else's children.

  • New LC member Bora Zivkovic, aka Coturnix, has two blogs. In Circadiana he rounds up some science news and throws his support behind a 28-hour day Hey, only if it includes four more hours of sleep! And in Science and Politics he talks about a Republican justice candidate who's seen the light, sending his son off to Boy Scout camp, and the Hitler Warhol Theory.

  • New LC member Horatio of Docedahedron is not just another brick in the wall. Ah, but remember that old saying, Horatio, "It feels so good when I stop."

  • New LC member Jane Hamsher of firedoglake (moved up to the LC section on my sidebar from the News+Views Gals section) compares GM with Honda. I'd say Honda wins on non-obnoxious ads alone...

  • New LC member Kathy Kattenburg of Liberty Street(also moved up to the LC section on my sidebar from the News+Views Gals section) tries to dissect Guantanamo self-contradictions and gives me a headache too, and says Bush doesn't even know the meaning of suffering (sure he does, it's what other people do, not to mention the frogs he usred to blow up as a kid!).

  • New LC member TJ of Welcome to Gilead - um, how can I put this? He doesn't seem to have posted in almost a month. Perhaps my fellow LC member might consider admitting as our 40th active member someone who has expressed interest and is actively posting, particularly about subjects many other blogs just gloss over? Just a suggestion...

    Like I said, we still have a few kinks to work out. No better public venue on which to follow the ins and outs of liberal blog alliances than NTodd's Multilateral, so I assume interested readers can stay tuned for further LC updates there!
  • 0 comments: