Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Silly Sites o' the Day

Yes, the Little Women review and pictures are coming, I haven't forgotten. But I left my notes at home so that post will have to wait until tonight. At least I was able to get a dress yesterday for Saturday's family affair (with matching hat and purse, the first time I can remember actually shopping for accessories in that way) at Sears in the Cross County Shopping Center, as Lane Bryant and the other stores didn't have anything nice and dressy - and one of the large-sized stores is no more, gone as are a number of other shops along that promenade, like the long-standing Dragon's Den comic book store - so I took out a Sears charge card as I promised myself I'd get a card from wherever I succeeded in finding the dress, since I just cut up my Dress Barn card in protest that their store in Eastchester doesn't sell large sizes any more and I'm not about to schlep to any of their other "local" stores which only go from 14-24 anyway so they're really average size, not large size.

But I digress. Speaking of outfits, Hanan Levin directs us to the contest entries for the Stuck at Prom Duck Brand duct tape scholarship. Homeland Security would be proud! And speaking of space-age materials, Zed at MemeMachineGo! tells us of a family that's wrapped their house in sheet metal "to protect against radiation, because microwave radiation is reflected off of aluminium." Okay, isn't this what aluminum siding is supposed to be for?

0 comments: