Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Et Tu, Alton?

Karin Kross wasn't kidding with her "fangirl" report back in January about the Alton Brown book signing. Last night I witnessed what I can only describe as "the Mary Sue episode" of Good Eats. It's episode EA1E11 and it's called "This Spud's For You Too." The episode write-up doesn't do it justice. It concerns AB's car breaking down near a farmhouse wherein lived his biggest fan, who just so happens to need his help in preparing potato recipes for her jealous boyfriend, and it looked like it might be veering into Misery territory for awhile there, but that kind of petered out and, like I said, it just wound up being extremely Mary Sue. But, um, in a good way, I guess. So now I'm curious as to who wrote it...

0 comments: