Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Seriously Silly

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard for so long. Bloggers are da kwaziest peoples! The NYC Blogger Dinner to welcome NTodd to the Big Apple. Julia suggested the bestest place in the whole city, Dorian's on 79th Street, and we had the whole upstairs to ourselves for four whole hours! I think the final count was something like 15 or 16; here are some pictures.

NTodd (who treated us, thanks NTodd!) and Julia.


Her Majesty and Uncle Procrustes.


From left to right: Andrew (standing in the background; I can't see him on my display but Robin assures me he shows up on other monitors), Mary and young Rosie, Tom Burka and Koufax winner Susie Madrak.


Julia's better half, Steve with hands in front of face, Danielle, Lesley and young Seamus.

I'm sure any or all of these fine bloggers will give better reports than me, but I wanted mine to be (among the) first. :) We were all impressed by Mary's Mighty Womb, and I was bowled over by Julia's family's rendition of My Darling Clementine sung to the music from Ode to Joy, followed by the Theme from Gilligan's Island to the tune of Amazing Grace (I got to sing along with that one). Lots of other fun stuff happened but I'm tired and blanking and probably had too much quality wine so I'm going to bed now. Thanks folks, it was a wonderful evening and I'm glad to have met so many of you for the first time and to see La Famiglia Julia again!

0 comments: