Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Mom Nature Trumps All

Happy International Women's Day!

It'll be nice if Google-owned Blogger doesn't eat this post the way it ate the last one...

And because I'm busy at work and nervous about the drive home and wary of Blogger, I'm not doing my Estrogen Month post (again) until after I get home. Meanwhile, here are some nice IWD posts by Feministing and Black Feminism and CE Petro and Roxanne Cooper and Shelley Powers (okay, the last one isn't an IWD post, it's a very funny "where are the women bloggers" post, but still). I'm sure I'll blog about more when I reach home.

Which may not be all that easy. As my title says, the most powerful woman-figure today, at least in NYC metro area, is Mother Nature herself, with the unexpected snowstorm and nasty wind gusts this afternoon. The weather report this morning said something about a couple inches of slush, nothing like what's going on outside my office window. The latest report has it tapering off by rush hour but I'll believe it when I see it...

0 comments: