Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, March 28, 2005

Estrogen Month - Day 28

Work was even more hellish, which I didn't think possible, so I haven't even gotten a chance to post until now, let alone read anything. Hope nothing important happened in the world while I was buried in my job! Thanks again to Tild~ for the illo; I'll be using her others throughout the week. As this is the last Monday in March, it's time to recap what this Estrogen/Women and Blogging Month thing is all about anyway:

* First, I ask readers to please check out the blogs on my left-hand sidebar (if you're reading Pen-Elayne via RSS feed, sorry, you'll have to go to the actual blog to do this). Women-run blogs appear in at least five places: in the Liberal Coalition, under News+Views (three sections there: Da Gals, Dynamic Duos, and Da Groups), and the first section under Kultcha. These are all great blogs, well worth your time to check out and perhaps add to your blogroll if you're so inclined (particularly if you're a so-called "A list" guy blogger who's ever posted wondering where all the liberal-left women bloggers are). All blogs in each section are listed in alphabetical order by the blogger's first name or handle.

* Next, click here to see my Bloglines bookmarks, and look under the three "Gals in Waiting" sections at the top. I've split the GIWs as follows: those blogs receiving more than one of your votes in support (21 as of this post); those of which you've made me aware via one vote (another 33); and those that I've found via looking around at some of your blogs but for which nobody's cast a vote yet (too many to count in my current state of mine). The last section keeps growing, so check it early and often! In each of these sections the blogs are also listed in alphabetical order by the blogger's first name or handle. If you don't see a woman-run blog on my sidebar, chances are very good it's in one of these sections. By the way, when Estrogen Month is over I'll be consolidating these sections into one, and will have a link to it from my sidebar in case anyone asks where all the women bloggers are besides the ones on my visible blogroll...

* Please cast a vote in the comments section below for any of the blogs you've seen in the bookmarks to "move up" to my sidebar. Only a few more days to do this! (Although rest assured I'll be adding more blogs throughout the year anyway, as I usually do, depending upon my leisure time and reading capacity.) If you have a blog and are voting for someone, your argument is more credible if the bloggers in question are on your blogroll. Please note, I read all blogs via Bloglines because there's just no time for me to do otherwise, so the blogs for which you vote should have a working RSS feed and be in English (blogs with translations often have them at the bottom and have a limited RSS feed). While you can't vote for any blog that I already have on my sidebar, please feel free to give those blogs a shout-out if you wish so that others reading your comments can take note of them.

* When you vote for a blog, please tell us all why you like that blog. People reading your comments are much likelier to take to a blog if you tell us a bit about it and what attracts you to it. And that's the long-term goal here - to get more publicity for these women and to get them not only on my blogroll but on others' as well.

* If you're a guy blogger, especially one higher-up in the blogosphere, consider taking the Pen-Elayne Pledge (and posting about it on your blog) to add at least one new female blogger to your sidebar and regular reading routine every week in March to celebrate Women's History Month.

* If you're on CNN's blog review, I hope you'll mention Estrogen Month. I'm officially jealous of Kathy and Lisa and Elisa. If you're inclined to vote in the annual Koufax Awards, I hope you remember Estrogen Month when nominating for Best Series of 2004 2005 (gah, I'm tired, thanks for the correction Ginger). I also hope for a better job and more work assignments for Robin and to be lithe and limber and live in a castle with lots of servants, so there you are.

Carry on voting in the comments section below; I think I'll collapse in front of the teevee for awhile...

0 comments: