Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, March 25, 2005

Estrogen Month - Day 25

Whew! One scant week to go! Hope you've all been enjoying our look at female bloggers new and "old" this month. For the lowdown on Estrogen/Women in Blogging Month check out this post.

Still wiped from work stuff which, ironically, should ease just about when the month ends. And since it's late I'm going to take the "easy" way out and just refer y'all to some relevant posts I've (barely) had a chance to peruse today:

Christine Cupaiuolo at Ms. Musings and Professor B at Bitch Ph.D. both note that FAIR has also gotten into the "where are the women pundits" act (I'm glad they pointed it out, I'm about a year behind in my magazine reading), which analyzes the "quota of one" phenomenon.

Anne Zook at Peevish has a very amusing list of things that automatically disqualify women from her blogroll.

Astarte at Utopian Hell responds to a previous post of mine (which in turn referenced a previous post of hers) by saying she agrees and disagrees with it, but I dunno, I'm pretty much in agreement with her response, so there you are. Did y'all follow all that? I'm dizzy now.

CE Petro from Thoughts of an Average Woman passes along a cool site featuring "digital images of artwork created by women artists world-wide," and has a nice Friday subverting-the-dominant-link-hierarchy post, and I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm one of the women she mentions...

Lauren has been having an "open mike" for guest bloggers at Feministe, and one of them is Erin, daughter of Barbara O'Brien (see, I told you Maha was a cool mom!). Lauren also brings good news about her Ecosystem ranking, a hell of a Large Mammal ahead of me!

Laura Rozen has also been following the interesting debate at Political Animal which I mentioned previously, as has Carla. I haven't had time yet to go back to Kevin Drum's place and read any more, but maybe if I get some sleep tonight...

That's it for me, I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open and stifling yawns. Please continue to vote for your favorite Gals in Waiting in the comments section below. On Sunday I'll add a couple more high-vote-getters to my sidebar blogroll. See you *yawn* tomorrow...

0 comments: