Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Estrogen Month - Day 13

Not a very easy day for me, I fear - I had to go shopping this morning for more flu medicine, citrus and various dry goods, which pretty much took it out of me again. Fortunately, reading so many women-led blogs does energize me, so I wanted to announce the two I've just put on my sidebar based on Pen-Elayne readers' votes:

Pam Spaulding (Pam's House Blend) - Pam describes herself as "American. Female. Lesbian. Ethnically diverse. Opinionated." She's also a hell of a fascinating political writer, and a great pick-me-up to anyone's blogging day. Pam got five votes, which pretty much made her a shoo-in for my blogroll.

Christie Keith (Dogged Blog) - Christie warns, "There's a lot here about dogs, but more about politics. Visit at your own risk." Not that much of a risk if you want to be kept abreast of our government's latest atrocities, as well as the every day triumphs of ordinary citizens. Christie got three votes.

Welcome, ladies!

Also from my in-box, Sidra Vitale of Parenthetically Speaking informs me she now has an RSS feed so she's been added to the Gals in Waiting sections of my Bloglines bookmarks. And Kui Kihoro from Mama Junkyard's writes that she saw me respond to Owukori's list and wanted to add Mshairi (Kiswahili for poet) as well as her own blog to my bookmarks, but as it turns out I already had both women there, so consider this a shout-out. Says Kui, "There has been some debate on African Women Bloggers and I am trying to do my bit to spread the word that we are 'out there'... What is the best way for me to do it? There are loads more blogs by Kenyan women at the Kenyan Blogs Webring." Any suggestions out there?

The complete story of Estrogen Month can be found here. Please keep voting!

Update: I completely forgot that I wanted to mention Iron Blog, because hey, I'm a big Iron Chef fan (I understand they're doing a "Women Warriors" episode in April, but there's nothing on the Food Network site about it yet) and because Lindsay Beyerstein of Majikthise is the first challenger. The first topic is "Objective Journalism" and Lindsay's taken on Iron Blogger Culture, who so far has presented three dishes to her two. As you might expect, a lot of $10 words are bandied about; I fear my palate is a bit more plain spoken than the usual truffles-and-fois-gras stuff that's going on here, but I'll be following it nonetheless.

0 comments: