Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

On Getting Local Breaking News

Our modern telecommunications era can be a frustrating thing; I can find out what's happening in close to real time in so many spots in the world, you'd think I'd be able to find out with a couple mouse clicks or channel flips why there were helicopters circling around our area for hours last night. This news item this morning is probably the reason, but like I said it's frustrating. Anyone have any advice on tuning into breaking news stories in the NYC area? (I still haven't found out why my morning commute yesterday took almost two hours, with the usually-10-minute bit on the Cross County Parkway stretched to over an hour... a major reason I've decided to take the rest of the week off, what with more snow expected today.)

0 comments: