Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Windy Wonderland

The bus commute back didn't take much longer than an hour, but that was pure chance. As I got back so (relatively) early and Robin met me at the terminus, we walked to our local steakhouse for dinner and then back on a couple side streets to avoid the worst of the winds. And there, about three blocks from our home, we saw the first really decked-out, dripping-with-holiday-lights house in the neighborhood:

We walked a little closer and discovered, not to be outdone, the house next door appeared to be competing with it:

So that was pretty cool, but it's been a long day and the basement dwellers are being noisy again so I can't lie down and relax yet (as our bedroom is two flights directly above their living room) and I was already cranky from having to go into the office and break up my vacation week so all I can say is my birthday tomorrow better be nicer than today was...

0 comments: