Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Incredible Ms. Limp-it

Home from work today due to having severely injured the muscle in my right leg that enables me to actually lift that leg to shift it between the accelerator and brake when I drive. Not to mention I'm probably unable at this point to navigate the two flights of stairs down to street level in the first place. The short drive home from the Staples where the injury happened last night was not a fun trip; fortunately, Robin was with me to help me up the stairs (unfortunately, he doesn't yet have a driver's license). Sleeping was almost impossible, as the pain kept waking me up. I hate being debilitated, and I'm not the best patient in the world. Fortunately I can sit for short periods of time if I don't move my leg too much. I'm hoping ibuprofen, a heating pad and gentle exercise will leave me well enough to drive tomorrow, then I get three days off to rest. I'm probably not moving boxes this coming weekend; all work of that nature tends to stop when one is injured. Have I mentioned I'm not a good patient?

0 comments: