Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Shelved!

Okay, not as restful a weekend as I'd hoped, but at least I got a couple pictures for Kathy 'cause I know she likes my photoblogging. We did our food shopping yesterday, first at Stew Leonard's then at ShopRite, as I wanted to hit both places and see what they had in terms of Thanksgiving stuff, and I found out that Saturday is (at least yesterday was) the day when Stew's gives out free food samples all over the place, so that was fun and yummy. Their sweet potato mousse is to die for but it's packaged way too large for only two people. Oh, and of course it being the holiday season and all you have to have poor, doubtless underpaid employees in costumes:

But most of the weekend has been taken up with finally getting the Marvel comics shelved. Here they are, two entire bookcases' worth:

This is nothing compared to the DC collection, thanks to our monthly comp boxes. I still have to sort the contents of about 15 long boxes and fold them into the other (already-sorted) 15 boxes before we can even consider shelving them. That should take me at least through Thanksgiving. Then I tackle Other Companies, then we see if we have any room left at all to shelve the 8+ long boxes worth of comps Robin has of his own work (I have a feeling those will wind up in the studio). The magazine boxes are all done and put away (you can see bits of some of them atop the bookcases in the above picture), and Robin even had enough energy to store most of the now-empty boxes and lids up in the loft. So I could have used the rest, but it's pretty satisfying to have accomplished this much in any case. I even got to read a few of the blasted pamphlets during my downtime!

0 comments: