Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, November 19, 2004

Friday Cat Blogging (™ Kevin Drum)

An imagined conversation with my cat...

Datsa, get off my chair...


"But Ma, I'm famous now, I can hang wherever I want!"

What are you talking about, you pushy cat?

"That e-mail you just got from Mike Stanfill!"

Stanfill... where do I know that name...

"Maaaa! Remember the Infinite Cat project that I posed for back in February?"

Oh yeah, the Infinite Cat guy. Now I recall, you were #14 or something, right back when it was getting rolling. So?

"So he's now come out with a 2005 wall calendar featuring all the first 365 kitties! And I'm right there on the first page! And as Mike said, all profits are donated to Dog & Kitty City, a no-kill pet shelter in Dallas, Texas (his home town) so you can help some homeless animals with every calendar you buy!"

Okay fine, I'm sold. I'll get a whole bunch, even at Café Press prices. Now please get off my chair.

"Feed me first."

Sometimes it's an exercise in imagined futility.

0 comments: