Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Shelving, Round Two - A Pictorial

Because I need something to fill up the space so my sidebar doesn't stretch beyond the content... Okay, I mentioned the paperbacks, DVDs, videos and records were already done:

That's in the part of the living room we face as we sit in our recliners. Today I unpacked the rest of the boxes marked Graphic Novels and shelved them behind the chairs at the opposite end of the living room:

We left some empty space, on purpose, as we still have unopened boxes marked Comics and a few of those may have graphic novels in them as well. We also chose not to shelve any of the stuff still stored in magazine boxes:

That's the only bit in the living room I still don't care for, but we're not sure where we're going to put them yet. (There are some more magazines that still need to be taken out of moving boxes and stored properly in boxes like these, so figure they'll total around 20 in all.) Next step is to tackle the 50+ comics boxes and mounds of loose comics in the library, of which this is a small sampling:

Big job, but I'm done for this weekend; tomorrow is ironing day, if my muscles will let me, in addition to blog-catch-up-day-but-you've-heard-that-before...

0 comments: