Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, May 16, 2004

The Longest Day

Way too tired to blog about my day; will try to do so tomorrow. Pictures all downloaded but I want to put them into a collage-type format on our home site which will mean a bit of Photoshopping and I'm just not going to do it at this late hour. Suffice it to say I've had enough of real life for awhile, particularly when it comes to maintaining social engagements more than an hour away by public transit and/or at the mercy of someone else's car. From now until we get our own auto, I plan on commuting to and from work via bus, taking care of whatever errands need doing, and that's it. I know it's a wonderful time of year to see friends and family, but I'm sorry. Friends and family can come to us if they wish (although we'll likely put them to work helping us unpack), but I ain't a'budgin' for at least another month.

That said, thanks to Roxanne and Jillian for coming to the Food Fest with me earlier today, and to Julia for throwing a lovely soiree as usual. More (including links to pictures) when I get the chance, probably not until tomorrow evening at the earliest. Gonna be a crazy week what with the upcoming office move...

0 comments: