Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, April 12, 2004

RSS Reminder

I'm delighted to remove the "RSS Feed Wonky" asterisks from some of my favorite News+Views guys on the blogroll. Eli Stephens, Hesiod, Roger Ailes and Skippy all have working RSS (the acronym stands for Really Simple Syndication or RDF Site Summary, depending on which site you're reading) feeds now, which means my Bloglines aggregator (which operates not unlike a Usenet newsreader program) can now scan their blogs correctly and let me know every time they have a new entry so I don't miss it! RSS is remarkably easy to set up if you have a Blogspot blog, by the way; it's just a matter of toggling the Atom site feed to the on position. Go to the Settings tab, then the Site Feed sub-tab. Next to "Publish Site Feed" select "Yes," next to "Description" select "Full," save your changes, republish and voila! you're done! More and more I'm neglecting to read blogs that don't have proper feeds (due to time constraints if nothing else; at almost 300 blogs to view, this was my main impetus for getting Bloglines in the first place), so if you still have an asterisk next to your name on my sidebar, chances are good I'm not checking your blog.

0 comments: