Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Packing Upon Packing

Party Reminder:
Five more days until the Riggs "Packing" and Pizza Party on April 24!
Please RSVP soon!

To reiterate, it'll be more a "throwing stuff out and taking home freebies" party, as we hope to have most of our stuff packed by then (although I'm not sure yet about the kitchen, that might wind up being the day's other big project). Check the sidebar for a list of what we're getting rid of if you want anything. First wave (which so far consists of two Firesign friends) starts at 2 PM, second wave sometime in the evening when two Comicart list friends arrive after a show in NJ.

Once I get through personal packing, my next worry becomes packing my boss' stuff for our office move, which I've just been informed will take place the weekend of May 22-23, far sooner than I'd thought possible. The good news is, I'm beyond weary of commuting to and from Manhattan, and I look forward to seeing what the bus commute through southern Westchester County will be like. Not to mention the new building itself (which my boss has bought; the closing is tomorrow, which means he'll once again ignore Secretaries Day as usual) is said to be very spiffy indeed. The bad news is, I haven't actually tried the bus commute yet (I think it's around an hour each way) so I'm a little unsure as to where I'm going, and I won't yet have a car (which should cut the journey to more like 15 minutes). Plus, as my boss insists on my presence during the weekend of the move, I'll have to miss WizardWorld East.

0 comments: