Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, April 05, 2004

In-Haggadah-Da-Vida

Yeah I know, I used that header last year, but I'm a big fan of recycling. Tonight begins the Jewish festival of Constipation Week Passover, about which I wrote last year on April 16 and April 17.

"Forbidden foods" vary depending on Jewish heritage (Ashkenazi and Sephardic strains have very different eating customs although most of the rituals remain the same), but I love looking around the blogosphere for Passover recipes, and this year Budgie presents Laura's Matzo Pizza and Eszter (who also talks about feminist Haggadahs the way I did last year) recommends a chocolate seder plate for dessert! Update: And I agree with Lis Riba - I think an Edible Book Festival is a cool idea, but Jewish folks have had to get rid of those chumatzdich cakes pretty quickly after April Fool's Day this year. On the other hand, you tellin' me matzo doesn't look and taste enough like parchment that you can't make some barely edible book art from it?

0 comments: