Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Too Much Information?

Happy Freedom of Information Day! In honor of FOI Day, I'm trying something new. The folks at the Liberal Coalition, mostly the farmer, have been trying to get me to attach a working RSS feed to my blog since I've been informed that Blogmatrix is no more (so I've deleted those buttons from my sidebar), but I'm not even sure what RSS means or how news aggregators work. It all appears to be something that people use if they don't want to scroll down their blogroll to see who's been posting new stuff. Anyway, the farmer said I should use WCC/VCCS, so I've followed their instructions correctly as near as I can tell, and that's what the little "XML" button is on the sidebar underneath all my site meters. Apparently the feed updates every hour or so. So those of you who understand and use news aggregators, enjoy. Now, if only someone would tell me what my RSS URL is so that I could add it to my Feedster preferences (speaking of which, it'd be nice to figure out what all that Feedster HTML code means; help, Betsy!).

0 comments: