Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, November 24, 2003

Set Your BS Detectors to "Stun"

So I read where Rend Rahim Francke is the new acting Iraqi ambassador to the US, and of course it set off all kinds of bells. On the whole the human rights organization of which she's a founding member seems okay, as does the former lobbyist herself (and yay, another woman in power!), but then you see where she's given talks to places like this that also claim to be non-partisan except look at their boards of directors and advisors. So you know, looks like same-old same-old to me. Caveat lector and all that. I retain my healthy sense of, um, optimistic skepticism? Oh well, at least she gets to stay at home in Washington, unlike whoever the council names to replace Aquila al-Hashimi. I look forward to Riverbend's take on all this.

0 comments: