Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Re: The Sushi Memo

Blogs may be marginal compared to online newspapers and professional writing, but in some ways we're still the cutting edge. And in some ways we're still a lot more frustrating. Take the sushi memo. The NY Times finally caught up with it, but Howard Bashman has been discussing it for at least a month. Today Howard promises "I will have more to say on that topic a bit later on this morning. For now, let me observe that if you're searching the Web for the sushi memo, perhaps you don't have a copy of it." Count me among the searchers; I can't actually find a copy of the 3-page memo anywhere, so I'm hoping that Howard actually winds up reproing the entire thing rather than just bragging about his possession of same. It sounds like a hoot. Update: Howard actually points to the memo, at last! Here you go. It's a 3-page PDF file, just so you know. And yes, it's terrific even if it doesn't mention Monster. And damn it, now I want sushi for dinner...

0 comments: