Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Not Every Lefty Blogger Hates the Yankees

Check out Lesley's new decoration on her top bar. As much as I would have liked a Red Sox/Cubs Series, the Yankees are the team I follow during the season, so I wanted to give Lesley a shout-out and say, hang in there girl, I'm witcha. Update 1: On the other hand, if you don't want to engender knee-jerk disgust, it's probably a good idea not to introduce the visiting team to the background tune of Darth Vader's theme and the Yankees to the Star Wars theme. (Sadly, to this day I cannot hear the Darth Vader theme without picturing Peter David dancing the macarana to it a few years ago at a Lulu fundraiser at the Cedar Tavern...) Update 2: Okay, my favorite line so far: "You're one Whoopi Goldberg short of a Comic Relief." - Joe Buck interviewing Robin Williams, who's sitting next to Billy Crystal in the stands...

0 comments: