Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

The God Within

I know I don't give Mark Morford nearly enough plugs, but I'm not always able to read his Morning Fixes as soon as they arrive in my in-box so I tend to save 'em up. The one from last Friday, for instance, was bloody brilliant. Please Become More Selfish is one of the best responses I've seen in awhile to burnt-out and depressed progressives wondering how we can counteract the madness around us. It's not really a paeon to selfishness as much as to self-nurturing, to paying more attention to the divine spark within us all. And it's quite lovely and funny and touching and highly recommended (the action as well as the article). And you know, if that doesn't work there's always Clowning 4 Christ (recommended - actually, warned against - in Morford's latest e-mail missive).

0 comments: