Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, October 13, 2003

The Dreaded Lurgy - A Survey

Is there something in the air? I haven't seen or heard any mention on TV in the mainstream US media, but that's not a surprise as I generally try to avoid them anyway (give me EuroNews and the Beeb any time!), but I'm curious as to whether anyone else has been feeling a sort of physical malaise lately (like over the last couple weeks). Robin and I have been hit pretty badly - in my case, not enough for me to take sick days but enough to leave me punchy and unable to really think that clearly for the most part. A few of the symptoms seem to include interrupted sleep (I had insomnia two nights running last week), muscle aches, a few allergy-type things like stuffed-up nasal passages... Anyone else out there going through this sort of thing? Any definitive diagnoses floating about?

0 comments: