Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Edwards' Official Announcement

I'm not all that fond of John Edwards. He seems like a personable enough guy, but his position on the issues strikes me as wishy-washy platitudes at best, Republican-leaning at worst. Nonetheless, I think it's very cool that he announced his candidacy for the Presidency of the United States on The Daily Show last night. Unfortunately Edwards' people don't appear to agree. His blog (link at sidebar under "Politicos-US") links to Jon Stewart but only as part of "a number of national television appearances leading up to his announcement on Tuesday." (emphasis mine) So while he would have gotten points from me for having the balls to announce on The Daily Show, I have to take 'em all back now that his people aren't treating it as the official declaration.

0 comments: