Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

CAPPS-pitulation

Lisa English (link at sidebar) is back and going strong. She passed along a very disheartening bit of news that JetBlue Airways is replacing Delta Airlines as the "testing platform" for the CAPPS II spying on citizens internal border control system. This really pisses me off. I like the folks at JetBlue, with whom I've spoken a number of times to book flights for my boss, who swears by their amenities and reasonable fares. And I was looking forward to taking a JetBlue flight out to California for the first time early next year to visit my brother. But not if they're going to color-code my threat assessment! This really bites. I hope enough people put pressure on JetBlue so that they rescind their stupid offer.

0 comments: