Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, July 19, 2003

"Mousepads, Shoe Leather and Hope"

One of the leading contenders for the Democratic Presidential nomination is in New York this weekend, and not one local online paper with a feed to Google's news section seemed to carry a story about it. I mean, nothing in the Times, even? Lazy gits. I had to go to the UK Sunday Herald to actually read about what was going on. (Of course, there's no denying the cool factor of linking to an article that's dated a day ahead of a blog's time-stamp.) I found it kinda geeky-cool that the first sentence describes Howard Dean (link at sidebar) as "the master of blog." And I like Dr. Dean's latest blog entry too (originally posted when he was guest-blogging for Larry Lessig). Glad to see he's discussing the digital divide, and he even knows from WiFi when I don't, so I'm impressed. And, as Maru Soze (link at sidebar) reminds us, Dean's homepage features a reprinting and audio file of his 16 Questions speech. (I also have Maru to thank for the link to Judicial Watch's expose on the Cheney energy task force, which itself links to PDFs of oil fields in Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates that the task force circulated back in March of 2001.)

0 comments: