Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, July 13, 2003

Lies Our Leaders Tell Us

Every now and then I like to catch up online with Glen Rangwala, one of my current heroes. Dr. Rangwala, who lectures on politics at Newnham College in Cambridge, was the alert Middle East Review of International Affairs Journal reader who spotted the similarities between the infamous "dodgy dossier" on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and this article by Dr. Ibrahim al-Marashi. (Incidentally, I found the MERIA Journal's response to the plagiarism highly amusing.) Occasionally I wonder what he's been up to, and thanks to Jeralyn Merritt (link at sidebar) I was able to read his latest (co-written) article in the Independent, 20 Lies About the War. A nice little summary, handy for future reference.

0 comments: