Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, July 24, 2003

Ghost Stories

Via Jerry Bowles (link at sidebar), the full public text of the Congressional Reports: Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities before and after the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001. Undecided whether I'm going to slog through any of it to keep myself awake during the Blogathon (by the way, it's now T-Minus 2 Days, please support me, see top of sidebar), but I doubt I'd be able to get through 858 pages of any PDF. So if you've got a hardier constitution (small "c") than me, do let me know if you find bits mentioning those intercepted Al-Qaeda messages of September 10, 2001 which the NSA didn't bother translating until September 12, the ones saying things like "Tomorrow is zero hour" and "The match is about to begin." (Thanks to Dwight Meredith, link at sidebar, for the heads-up on that last bit, mentioned in the context of his excellent Who Burned Valerie Plume? analysis. Sic, as both Mark Kleiman and Kevin Drum, links at sidebar, spell her last name "Plame," as I think do most news sources. BTW, thanks to Kevin for letting us know that Plame's husband Joseph Wilson will be on The Daily Show tonight.)

0 comments: