Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

A Compromising Question

Every day, in every way, I inch closer and closer to asking NYCBloggers to take me off their RNN list (see here). Today's question was: Did the Iraq War Compromise the Hunt for Al Qaida? So many snide comebacks, so little time. "Does the sun rise in the east?" was rejected out of hand, as that's my default response and it's getting tired. "Compromise? It completely sidetracked it, because we had absolutely no reason to bomb Iraq and pretty much every reason to hunt down actual terrorists (which is not the same thing as bombing Afghanistan, by the way)" is probably too wordy and doesn't have enough zing. So I invite readers to submit their own snide comebacks to NYCB/RNN in the comment section on today's half-witted, pointless, discussion-stultifying, too-simplistic-even-for-Wolf-Blitzer's-website question. Yeah, RNN, I dare you to read this one on the air.

0 comments: