Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, July 27, 2003

Blogathon 2003, Wrap-Up Post
And So To Bed
The sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful and so are you. Thanks to Natasha C of Pacific View, Christine Cupaiuolo of Ms. Musings, Jo Fish of Democratic Veteran, Lane Dunlop of Eat Your Vegetables (links all at sidebar) and anyone else I've neglected to thank for plugging our efforts (no, not the royal "we," I'm talking about me and others like MB and Eszter and Jesse and Natalie and all the other amazing Blogathon participants). Please feel free to peruse all the posts below, folks, and whenever I'm back online I promise to check your comments. That may not be for awhile, though; as I mentioned a few hours ago, I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I plan on spending the last day of my vacation in a horizontal position away from the computer. All in all I could have wished for less pain (both during the Blogathon and for much of the past week; the area where tooth #16 was until Monday still hurts, my cycle was shortened by at least a week messing up my internal plumbing more than I'd anticipated, and my lower back is killing me) and less noise from upstairs (it's bad now, although they were fairly quiet for much of the Blogathon span), but this 45-year-old way-too-sedentary body seemed to weather it as well as can be expected – although it's unlikely I'll put it through another Blogathon, this is really a young person's game - and I have my earplugs in as I hit the sack. And hey, both Blogger and Haloscan held up well, no posting problems whatsoever! Particular thanks once again to my beloved Robin; I'll be taking him back to bed now. :) G'night all!

0 comments: