Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, July 27, 2003

Blogathon 2003, Post #38
But What About Young Tom Edison?
Jesse Taylor (link at sidebar) writes about his love for Encyclopedia Brown. Jesse, I'll see your Brown and raise you a whole passel of Happy Hollisters. Anyone else remember that mystery series? Sort of the Hardy Boys meet the Partridge Family, I guess. (Had to throw that Cassidy connection in there, didn't I?) Just looking at their eponymous website brought back a rush of memories. I think I originally got the books from my aunt when my cousins outgrew them, and I remember reading them voraciously, over and over, though I couldn't tell you any longer what they were about. Nor have I have any idea where they are now; I'll have to ask around at the next family gathering. I guess the books are all long out of print, as the site (which hasn't been updated in a couple years) prices them dearly indeed. Thanks for the flashback prompt, Jesse!

0 comments: