Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, July 26, 2003

Blogathon 2003, Post #27
My God, What Have I Done?
Natalie muses, in one of the comments sections, that "I think I would feel better if I felt something was being accomplished" by participating in this Blogathon. Well, despite the fact that I have the luxury of doing this from our apartment, with Robin having kept me company for most of this so far, and where I can take frequent breaks to lie down or go to the bathroom or get something to eat, and I'm moderating the length of my posts for the most part, I can see where I'm already succumbing to the "time to make the donuts" auto-pilot mentality and start zoning out, desperate to find something, anything to slot in by that half-hour deadline. This can either be a good or bad thing, depending on how interesting I get when I start rambling. But in the end, I think each individual blogger is going to have to weigh the pros and cons of doing this for themselves. (At this point I don't think I'll be repeating it next year.) And most of us aren't making our living blogging, so if you're not having fun, it probably won't seem worth it. So far I've been having fun more or less, although I'm starting to get decidedly punchy. Check back with me later tonight, if any of you are still up…

0 comments: