Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, June 16, 2003

Elation to Frustration

I hate getting blindsided. My first reaction is always panic, then lingering anger, and finally just exhaustion. I'm like a microcosm of how thinking people react to whatever the latest move is by the Bush administration to bring us closer to danger or economic collapse. Today I found out a coworker's mother just died, my boss' mother-in-law is hospitalized, and the 3-month job that Robin was promised (which would have taken us through the summer with no worries about rent, etc.) has been pulled out from under him. So much for the energy I was getting back in my June 9 entry. Not only that, but I can no longer get on to half the websites I frequent, including the two comics message boards to which I post most often. It's not shaping up to be the best of days so far...

0 comments: